Monday, June 14, 2010

CONTEST!!! VERY EXCITING!!!!

so yesterday i woke up and had a minor freak about the length of my bangs. it had been three months and 5 days since i'd had them trimmed. unacceptable. they had gone passed the point of "sullen teenager" all the way down to "unmanageable mess" so something had to be done. of course, i couldn't cut them inside my room because there's no light so i brought a mirror and my scissors outside. i frantically starting trimming but my glasses were getting in the way of the scissors. i finally reached a point where i just said "good enough for africa" and took a shower. well, this morning i woke up again (obviously) and saw myself in the mirror and thought "what the hell did i do to myself" so i freaked out again (you know how i am about my bangs) and before i even had a chance to take the mirror outside i just started cutting again in the dark of my room. then, in the midst of it all i cut a gash in my finger with the scissors, which i didn't think was a big deal but now hurts very badly. the whole ordeal was a minor but disTRESSing (get it? haha) situation.

well, now my bangs are out of my eyes and face and i can see again. they don't look very good. but they are still there covering my bad eyebrow (seriously i think at some point last year i did serious damage with the tweezers) and making it look like my hair has some semblance of style.

on to the contest:
so my poop sample tested positive for amoebas. are giardia parasites amoebas? i don't know. actually, no they consist of two half cells. but my poop smelled like i had giardia. and even though i was treated for it with all kinds of things that were awful, my poop still smells like i have it. plus my stomach hurts. all i know is that there are some unwanted pests that have made themselves a new home.

i'll get to the point: who ever can come up with the best name for my new internal friends wins a prize. i will mail you something from senegal. it might not be anything cool but it will be handpicked by me and you will at least pretend to like it. all you need to do is leave a comment with your name in it (not in that little "ask me anything" box). i will announce the winner later. maybe, a week or two. bisimilah.



8 comments:

  1. This is going to be good :)
    Besides the smiling internal friends, i hope that you are well.
    Love,

    Carmela

    ReplyDelete
  2. carmela! isn't that thing freaky looking. its creeping me out just looking at it. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, this is going to be so much fun. can i have multiple entries for names?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, you can have multiples entries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kind of don't have a life right now! But, I've lost 5 pounds, and not because of a parasite! I'm actually in psychology right now. I'm not really concerned with paying attention, it's kind of a cake class. So I am taking the time to write to you! Also, this class is 3 hours and 45 minutes long and I need to keep busy or I'll fall asleep. I'm drinking lots of water because I figure if I have to pee, I won't be able to fall asleep! Also, being hydrated is good, too.

    Names for your friend. Blacula OR Asanbosam

    Ya know, cause vampires are kinda like parasites...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to name your stomach bugs "Cadeau"

    ReplyDelete
  7. how about "tant pis"? it means "that's what you get for moving to africa" in french.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wingiardia leviplopsa

    ReplyDelete