Friday, May 14, 2010

I'M A REAL VOLUNTEER

i haven't done anything yet but today, my and my new friends swore in as official peace corps volunteers. we took an oath and everything. here's how it went:

I, Jessica Goza, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

So here I am supporting and defending the Constitution and stuff like that. Don't forget about me out here. I'm moving to my new home on Tuesday. I'm excited and scared for my new job, my new family, speaking my new language and hopefully, eventually making new friends. I was 16 when I decided I was going to be a Peace Corps volunteer one day and 8 years later, after blood (literally), sweat (in my eyes) and tears (probably more often than necessary), I exist as a real live volunteer! it's time to get some work done!

you can bet your ass i'm going to be posting some photos of my awesome senegalese swear in outfit as soon as i get five minutes and a comfortable chair. love you guys!

ALSO, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST BOYFRIEND I COULD EVER ASK FOR. I LOVE YOU!

1 comment: